Charlotte Native Eye Doctor
Dr. Steven Kotsokalis is a residency-trained optometrist born and raised in Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Kotsokalis graduated from North Carolina State University in 2012 with a Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences. He attended Pennsylvania College of Optometry and graduated with clinical honors and his doctorate in optometry in 2016. His passion for eye care led him to complete a residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at the W.G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center from 2016-2017.
In his free time Dr. Kotsokalis enjoys spending time with friends and family, working out, playing basketball and Frisbee golf, and exploring the outdoors.
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- North Carolina State University
Posters and Educational Lectures
- Poster: “Atypical Presentation of NAION” AOA. June 2017
- Lecture: “Retinitis Pigmentosa”
- Lecture: “Central Retinal Vein Occlusions”
- Lecture: “Idiopathic Juxtafoveal Telangiectasia”
- Lecture: “Ocular Manifestations of Diabetes”
- Lecture: “Corneal Dystrophies”
- Lecture: “Eyelid Lacerations and Traumatic Hyphemas”
- Lecture: “Adult Vitelliform Maculopathy”
- Lecture: “Cat-scratch Neuroretinitis”
- Lecture: “Phlyctenular Keratoconjunctivitis”
- Lecture: “A Case of a Swollen Nerve”
Association and Involvements
- American Optometric Association
- Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honor Society
- North Carolina State Optometric Society
- Piedmont Optometric Society
- North Carolina