Caring Doctor & Vision Center Leader
Dr. Charles “Chuck” Knudson, brings more than 2 decades of experience as a caring family eye doctor and a leader who has helped eyecare practices in Memphis, Denver, and Charlotte to grow and provide better vision care for their patients. Dr. Knudson believes in continuing education and continuous improvement to deliver the highest quality vision care possible. He is a member of several professional eye care associations, focused on learning and practice improvement.
Dr. Knudson graduated from Southern College of Optometry in 1991. He became a partner/owner of the Optometry Group in Memphis, TN and practiced there for 7 years. In 1998, after marrying his wife Leigh, they moved to Denver, CO where he became the President and CEO of Vision Care Specialists, Inc. – an optometry/ophthalmology practice with 14 doctors and multiple locations. In 2006, Dr. Knudson and his family decided to move to Charlotte, NC to enjoy raising their three children and he joined EyeOptix Vision and Laser Centers. In December, 2007, Dr. Knudson helped EyeOptix open their Ballantyne and Uptown offices and has been seeing patients there to the present. In 2011, Dr. Knudson offered to buy the Ballantyne location from EyeOptix so that he could provide more focus and care for the patients he had come to know in Ballantyne and the surrounding areas. August 2011 brought that exciting possibility to a reality.
Dr. Knudson is the North Carolina State Executive for a practice improvement group called OD Excellence. OD Excellence was founded by leading Optometrists with the goal of helping OD’s improve the quality of patient care, reinforce clinical skills and, through education, improving an OD’s ability to diagnose and provide the latest in ocular disease treatment.
I love our profession. It is ever-changing for the betterment of our patients. We embrace those changes and will always introduce them to you when you see us for your eye care. As much as I love our profession, I cherish the relationships we have built over the years. We look forward to seeing you each time you come in. Thank you for allowing us the privilege to care for you.
- Southern College of Optometry, Memphis, TN
- West Virginia State College
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Clinical Research Instructor
- Alcon, Clinical Investigator
- Allergan, Clinical Investigator
- Bausch & Lomb, Clinical Investigator
- CIBA Vision, Educational Lecturer
- Synergeyes, Clinical Investigator
- Associate Clinical Professor, Southern College of Optometry
- Examiner, National Board of Optometry
Association and Involvements
- American Optometric Association
- North Carolina State Optometric Society
- American Society of Eye Care Specialists
- Past President, West Tennessee Optometric Society
- Past Chair, TOA Assistance to Graduates and Undergraduates Committee
- Past Member, TOA Managed Care Committee
If you have a question for Dr. Knudson, you can email him at: email@example.com.